What is sperm analysis?
Sperm analysis (spermiogram) is the first test in the processing of a male partner, and it involves microscopic analysis of ejaculate.
- Number and concentration of sperm
- Morphological characteristics
- Sperm movement
- ph value
It is generally accepted that the sample is best analyzed after 3-5 days of abstinence. The diagnosis is never made on the basis of a single sample analysis. If conditions allow, it would be best to do a second sample analysis in the range of 2-3 months.
Normal values of spermiograms according to the criteria of the World Health Organization (WHO, 2010)volumen sjemena je 1,5 – 6,0 ml
- pH value 7,2 – 7,8
- complete sperm count ≥ 39 x 105 / ejaculate
- sperm concentration ≥ 15 x 105 / ml
- sperm motility ≥ 40 %
- progressive mobility ≥ 32 %
- sperm morphology ≥ 15 % of normal forms
- time of liquidation 30 -60 min
leukocytes < 1 x 106 / ml